World Oceans Day not only honors but also provides a unique opportunity for our ocean conservation and protection. Every year June 8th is celebrated to raise global awareness about the importance of the oceans in our lives and how we can protect them.
This year, the day will convene under the theme, ‘Innovation for a sustainable Ocean’.
It is the duty of one person to take part in and to contribute to the protection and preservation of the sea we share. So, for the better future of our planet, it is advisable to unite with our family, friends, and community.
The oceans are the lungs of our planet; Provide oxygen for breathing, the main source of food and medicine, and an important part of the biosphere. We know that 3/4 of our whole earth is watery; It is our responsibility to save our oceans and marine life from the dangers of global warming.
There is no doubt that World Oceans Day is a major step taken to maintain the balance of water on Earth with the help of the Ocean Project and the alliance of the World Ocean Network.
Here we are sharing few tips to keep the ocean clean, which we all must be following in the upcoming years-
- Mind Your Carbon Footprint and Reduce Energy Consumption.
- Make Safe, Sustainable Seafood Choices.
- Use Fewer Plastic Products.
- Help Take Care of the Beach
- Don’t Purchase Items That Exploit Marine Life
- Be an Ocean-Friendly Pet Owner
- Support Organizations Working to Protect the Ocean
- Influence Change in Your Community
- Travel the Ocean Responsibly
- Educate Yourself About Oceans and Marine Life